Soul Bar and Bistro Cookbook
- Recipe testing and compilation alongside Peter Thornley and Judith Tabron
- Food styling for cookbook photo shoots
- Adaptation of bulk kitchen recipes to home-scale and ability level
Judith Tabron’s Soul Bar and Bistro is a cornerstone for Auckland’s dining and drinking, a real meeting point on the waterfront. This book is based on Soul and its recipes, with additional comments from Judith about the food, the venue and tales of the Auckland restaurant scene. The recipes have been created by Judith herself, and by Peter Thornley, her restaurant chef (recently ex-Icon at Te Papa), plus sample recipes by some of the guest chefs Judith has featured at Soul on a regular basis. These include: Greg Malouf, Stephanie Alexander and Bill Machetti from Melbourne; Charlie Trotter from Chicago; Geeling, who has an Asian cooking show on TV2 and is the maitre d’ at Soul; and Philip Johnson of E’cco in Brisbane. Each guest chef has provided recipes for a set-piece menu of starter, main and dessert. There are 75-80 recipes in total and all are photographed.
Annabel Langbein Cookbooks
Annabel Langbein is a New Zealand celebrity cook, food writer and publisher. She is also a regular radio guest and TV presenter, and has fronted her own TV series, Annabel Langbein The Free Range Cook, which launched on the TV One network in New Zealand and now screens in over eighty countries. She is known for promoting organic food, primarily using seasonal ingredients and is a member of the Sustainability Council of New Zealand.
- Nutritional analysis of recipes for cookbooks
- Macronutrient and micronutrient analysis was completed for each recipe. Nutritional analysis panels were published alongside recipes in cookbooks to provide more indepth nutritional information to those making the recipe.